20 Incoming Postdoc Fellowships at Freie Universität Berlin Call for Applications for 2016
News from Jan 20, 2015
The “Postdoc International” POINT research fellowship program – co-financed by the German Excellence Initiative and the Marie Curie Program of the European Commission – provides funding for outstanding postdoctoral researchers from all disciplines to conduct their own research project at Freie Universität Berlin.
The POINT program was designed by Dahlem Research School at Freie Universität Berlin to promote the further academic career development through research funding, a tailored qualification program and the opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills. It also provides essential professional guidance on preparing grant proposals to support POINT fellows in obtaining funding for follow-up research projects at Freie Universität Berlin.
Dahlem Research School offers: 20 Postdoc Fellowships
The Focus Area Nanoscale Functional Materials (NanoScale) offers fellowships in the POINT funding line in the following research fields:
- Supramolecular Interactions
- Nanoscale Systems
Applicants have to submit a project plan/proposal based around the research fields mentioned above (up to max. 10 pages) and include it in their fellowship application files.
Deadline for applications: 13 March 2015, 12:00 noon (Berlin local time)
Starting in November 2015, each research fellowship will be awarded for 18 months. The call is open to experienced researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities who:
- hold a doctoral degree (the dissertation must be submitted)
- completed their doctoral degree no longer than 6 years before the deadline
- have not resided in Germany for longer than 12 months during the last 36 months
Female postdoctoral researchers and returnees from phases of international, inter-sectoral and/or non-academic mobility (such as researching outside Germany, working for industry or a career break e.g. due to family reasons) are specifically encouraged to apply.
- 18 months, starting November 2015
- Employment contract at level TV-L FU E13 (of approx. 26.600 to 34.200 Euro net salary p.a.)
- Social security and health insurance included
- A research allowance for the duration of the project of 10.800 Euro for non lab-based/ 16.200 Euro for field trip-based/ 21.600 Euro for lab-based projects
- A monthly mobility allowance of 200 Euro and a one-time travel allowance
To apply, candidates need to register with the DRS online application platform on the DRS website. Once registered, they should fill out the online application form and upload all required documents. Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
For further application details please visit the DRS website at:
Dahlem Research School Fellowship Team: email@example.com