POINT/REGAIN DRS Postdoc Fellowships - Call for Applications
News from Aug 23, 2013
Call for Applications
DRS Postdoc Fellowships for 2014
Dahlem Research School at Freie Universität Berlin has established a research fellowship program – co-financed by the German Excellence Initiative and the Marie Curie Program of the European Commission – to provide funding for outstanding postdoctoral researchers from all disciplines to conduct their own research project at Freie Universität Berlin. The aim is to support highly-qualified postdocs with international research experience and to integrate them into the university’s research networks in an early phase of their career.
The program is designed to promote the further academic career development through research funding, a tailored qualification program and the opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills. The program furthermore provides essential professional guidance on preparing grant proposals to support DRS fellows in obtaining funding for follow-up research projects at Freie Universität Berlin.
The Focus Area Nanoscale Functional Materials (NanoScale) offers fellowships in the POINT/REGAIN funding line in the following research fields:
- Supramolecular Interactions
- Nanoscale Systems
Applicants have to submit a project plan/proposal based around the research fields/key topics mentioned above (up to max. 5 pages) and include it in their fellowship application files.
The call is open to experienced researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities who
- hold a doctoral degree (the dissertation must be submitted and proof of this must be available by the application deadline)
- completed their doctoral degree no longer than 6 years before the deadline (starting with the date on the doctoral certificate)
- have not lived in Germany for longer than 12 months during the last 36 months before the deadline.
Returnees from phases of international, inter-sectoral and/or non-academic mobility (such as researching outside Germany, working for industry or after a career break e.g. due to family reasons) are specifically encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: 15 September 2013
18 months, starting March 2014
- Employment contract at level TV-L FU E13 (which refers to the collective agreement for the public area of Berlin and translates into an annual net salary of approx. 24.400 to 31.800 Euro, depending on previous work experience and marital status)
- Social security and health insurance included
- An annual research allowance (5.400 Euro for non lab-based/ 21.600 Euro for lab-based projects)
- A monthly mobility allowance of 200 Euro and a one-time travel allowance
Fellows are selected in a five-step procedure:
- Administrative eligibility check
- Internal review
- Structured interviews
- International peer review
- Approval by an international Supervisory Board for COFUND Fellows or the university’s Executive Board for POINT/REGAIN Fellows
Each phase must be passed successfully to proceed to the next. Candidates will receive an identification code which will allow anonymized results of each selection phase to be published on a secure website with limited access. After completion of phase 1, applicants will receive login details for the secure site and will from then on be notified by e-mail each time new results are announced. Unsuccessful applicants will be informed by email.
To apply, candidates need to register with the DRS online application platform (on the DRS webpage). Once registered, they should fill out the online application form and upload all required documents. Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
The positions are subject to approval of resources from the European Commission.
For further application details please visit the DRS webpage (POINT/REGAIN DRS Fellowship 2014).
Dahlem Research School Fellowship Team: email@example.com